Today, we’re so excited to unveil the new Fetch marketplace – the first completely self-service marketplace for renting a truck.
For renters, Fetch is now the only mobile, self-service rental experience that lets renters avoid all of the hassles of a traditional truck rental agency, such as waiting in line or renting a truck after hours.
For fleet owners, the Fetch marketplace provides the easiest way to start or expand your own truck-rental business, using the Fetch platform to manage your fleet and generate new income.
Over the past 18 months of developing the Fetch platform with our own fleet of rental trucks, we’ve learned several surprising things:
- Starting a car-rental company from scratch is nearly an impossible task. Securing fleet insurance, getting vehicle financing and learning how to manage risk are all processes that can take months.
- Managing a rental fleet isn’t overly difficult. By combining technology with a tight operations schedule, a fleet requires only a minimal amount of time to maintain.
- Customers love a self-service rental experience. The ability to pick up a car and return it, 24 hours a day – and without waiting in line – is a game changer. Fetch customers return to rent again and again.
With the new Fetch marketplace, we’re opening up the Fetch fleet management system, automated rental process and technology platform to any owner that wants to either build their own rental business or automate management of their existing fleet. Any owner in the United States is now eligible to list their trucks for rent on Fetch.
As part of our benefits for owners, Fetch will:
- Help you procure rental fleet insurance
- Assist with vehicle financing so you can quickly procure new vehicles for your fleet
- Ship you our Fetch vehicle hardware, enabling remote unlocking and vehicle tracking
- Provide access to our fleet management system
- List your trucks for rent in our marketplace and connect you with local renters
Entrepreneurs can start with as little as one truck, add their vehicle to the Fetch marketplace, and instantly generate income as Fetch connects you with local renters. And, with the Fetch platform, these vehicles are connected to Fetch’s fleet management platform, enabling a completely self-service rental experience so that owners to do not have to physically meet renters and hand them keys.
“For truck rentals, your only options are typically U-Haul or Home Depot. I felt that Fetch was a superior service, and wanted to spread what I thought was the best and easiest van and truck rental experience around,” said Alex Chu, a new Fetch partner and entrepreneur.
By listing vehicles on Fetch, owners can earn as much as $1,500 per vehicle every month. Unlike franchises that charge exorbitant startup fees, there’s no cost to launch your fleet on Fetch, and you can instantly start generating rental income.
Owners can list their vehicles with Fetch today. Don’t have trucks? Fetch can help you secure financing to build your own rental fleet.
We’re so thrilled to launch the new Fetch marketplace, enable a self-service rental experience for customers, and help entrepreneurs and fleet owners grow their business.